The basic level is for students who have had little or no prior school experience in English language acquisition. Students will develop a basic level of English vocabulary, pronunciation strategies, and grammatical structure in order to communicate successfully. Students will develop literary and analytical skills which will prepare them to be successful in higher-level courses.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- use a limited range of words and phrases like personal ID questions
- Comprehend basic expressed needs with simple words or phrases
- understand simplified spoken English in short dialogues, simple conversations, interviews, and songs
- have limited social conversations
- demonstrate comprehension in reading tasks well as apply basic reading strategies.
- produce simple written sentences
- write basic sentences and questions, emails, and short paragraphs
- identify and use correctly a variety of targeted basic grammatical structures.
- use correct spelling and capitalization and basic vocabulary