At this level students fluency is emergent and the focus is on preparing students to communicate using formal and informal language in a variety of situations. Students begin strengthening their strategic approach to learning and expand their knowledge and use of vocabulary, pronunciation strategies, and grammatical structures to strengthen their ability to communicate successfully.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Students can comprehend simplified informal and formal spoken and apply basic listening strategies.
- Students can describe basic needs in simple statements and questions in present, past, or future tenses, and use limited vocabulary.
- Students can participate in real life situations like at a restaurant, at a hotel,at a pharmacy, and asking for directions.
- Students can construct meaning from print materials and apply basic reading strategies.
- Students can produce simple, well-organized paragraphs with sentences and some supporting detail forming the basic essay structure.
- Students will be able to identify and use correctly a variety of increasingly complex grammatical structures.
- Students can use correct spelling, vocabulary, and capitalization