Students acquire the skills to be able to sustain conversations and instructions and communicate in a variety of typical situations. Students continue their progressive study of grammatical structures, and begin using higher level approaches to reading and listening. Students begin fine-tuning their writing skills, and develop further skills in vocabulary expansion, in addition to furthering their speaking and pronunciation abilities and broaden their grammatical structures.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Interpret conversations and listen to formal and informal texts
- Apply listening strategies
- Students can engage in conversations beyond survival needs
- ask and answer questions give their opinion on a topic
- give two minute talks
- construct meaning from print materials
- make predictions about texts,
- summarize texts
- identify main ideas and details
- can produce write essays, blog posts, articles, and biographies on personal topics
- Use with correct spelling, punctuation, and structured grammar in their writing
- Students will be able to identify and use correctly a variety of targeted complex grammatical structures.
- can use vocabulary, phrasal verbs, and phrases and can collocate verbs