This level is geared to students who have had basic contact with English and who have some experience in spoken English. Students expand their knowledge of high-frequency words and phrases in order to communicate using routine statements. Students develop new structures in grammar, along with literary and analytical skills. Students continue to develop pronunciation strategies, and listening skills to reinforce their ability to communicate successfully.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Listen for main ideas and details
- Identify new vocabulary from context in reading and listening
- have conversations in formal and informal settings
- construct meaning from print material like reading
- apply reading strategies
- produce simple sentences in paragraph format on familiar topics
- identify and use correctly a variety of targeted basic and more complex grammatical structures.
- correct spelling and capitalization and identify and use correctly vocabulary